KMail Crypto Plugins

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 23:49:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_sCLA/UBzNEACvfK

On Monday 30 Jun 2003 7:53 pm, Martin Bretschneider wrote:
> Thomas.Arend@t-online.de (Thomas Arend) wrote:
> > I hope I understand your question right. Crypto modules for gpg in
> > kmail are distributed with gpgme.
>
> Does that mean that KMail is based on gpgme just as Sylpheed?

The crypto-plugin that KMail uses is developed by project Aegypten at:
Project =C4gypten (Free Software Sphinx-Clients)
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten

GpgME: Extended to handle GnuPG (OpenPGP) and GpgSM (S/MIME) concurrently.=
=20
Also a comprehensive documentation was written to support sphinx-enabling=20
further MUAs.=20
GnuPG: Extended with GpgAgent that stores passphrases like ssh-agent does=20
(available since GnuPG 1.2.0 release).=20
cryptplug: This new module is an optional interface layer between GpgME and=
 a=20
MUA. It is used for KMail, Mutt is directly coupled with GpgME.=20

So KMail inherits GpgME capability via cryptplug but it is currently option=
al=20
=2D KMail can use GpgME but isn't based on it.

=2D-=20

Neil Williams
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
http://www.codehelp.co.uk