Differing File Sizes & GPG Symmetric Decryption Failure After ~4G

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Jul 2 10:11:02 2003

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:48:42 -0400, Packard, Matthew said:

>     But the file on disk is 8195780694 bytes. Has anyone else run into
> this issue? I'm running GPG on a SPARC, Solaris 9 (original revision),
> and large file support appears to be available to GPG. If anyone has

2002-10-29  Werner Koch  <wk@gnupg.org>

	* encode.c (encode_simple): Make sure that files larger than about
	4G use partial length encoding.  This is required because OpenPGP
	allows only for 32 bit length fields.

Unfortunately 1.2.1 was released 4 days earlier.  Please try 1.2.2 or
if you have build problems, 1.2.3rc1 from the gcrypt/alpha/gnupg
directory.

> any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate some advice. BTW, I found no
> reference to the keywords above in the archives, so if you do happen

The output of --list-packets mostly refers to RFC2440.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com