gpg without commands

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 21:33:03 2003

--Boundary-02=_+PzA/HuH0PSnfd0

On Wednesday 02 Jul 2003 2:36 pm, David Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 04:33:10PM +0200, Harald Katzer wrote:
> > waiting for the user to insert his message, he wants to encrypt.
> >
> > Does anyone know, where to find documentation how to use it in this mode
> > (invoking without command), cause I don't find any?
>
> Running just "gpg" is the same as running "gpg filename.gpg".  Without
> the filename, it just waits for you to paste filename.gpg into its
> window :)
>
> David

Then could the gpg output be changed from:
gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...

to:
gpg: Go ahead and paste your message here ....

note the word type - I kept trying to find a key sequence that would cause =
gpg=20
to process the contents so far, empty lines, single . lines, q, x, quit,=20
exit, etc. Only Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Z interrupt it and then, predictably, by=20
stopping it.

Please?

=2D-=20

Neil Williams