What is 'invalidRecipient' error ? reason 0 ?

Michael Weiss michael@silicontao.com
Sun Jul 6 08:16:02 2003

Hello all,

I keep getting the following extended error info when I try to encrypt with a
key I've just imported:

<error>
   </invalidRecipient
   <reason>0
   </reason>
</error>

I thought the problem might be the validity of the key I'd just imported,
so I found out how to view it and change it to ultimate, but that did not
solve the problem.

I am writing an automated data exchange program via email using gnupg and
gpgme.

My system setup:
Mandrake 8.2
gnupg 1.2.2
gpgme 0.3.15

The program runs on two or more machines with a single server and many
clients.

For now I am testing with only one client and a server.
When I reverse the two machines, the error goes away.

I completely removed and reinstalled gnupg and gpgme, but the error persists
on one machine only.

The machine that fails used to work before I installed gpgme 0.4.0 to try it
out, before reverting back to gpgme 0.3.15

I am just learning this stuff, so any help or pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Michael Weiss
michael@silicontao.com