newpg won't compile (RANT!)

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jul 14 18:21:02 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:52:24 -0400, John Aldrich said:

> Werner, please re-read the section where I said I've been using linux for over
> 4 years now and building packages, etc for most of that. I *think* I know how
> to install a file. Granted, I prefer to use RPMs so that I can

Well, but you forgot to include detailed error inforamtion, like why
libgcrypt-config was not found.  No /usr/local/bin in the PATH is
quite a common problem especially if one builds as root.

> freakin' package.... could you PLEASE try to be a bit more helpful???

Hundreds of other people don't have these problems, so your
environment seems to be a bit uncommon.  If you provide more detailed
info (e.g. config.log) we might be able to help you.

OTOH, I am not too keen helping folks demanding assistance in such a
harsh way .-)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--