Kmail plugin progress

Robin Lynn Frank rlfrank@paradigm-omega.com
Sun Jul 20 03:04:03 2003

--Boundary-02=_JreG/sb+0BwQTwn

On Saturday 19 July 2003 05:14 pm, Neil Williams  wrote:
> On Sunday 20 Jul 2003 12:40 am, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 July 2003 04:04 pm, Robin Lynn Frank  wrote:
> > This is a follow-up.  The third email I sent required a poassphrase.  I
> > wonder what this one will do? :-(
>
> Kmail doesn't cache the passphrase forever, or even until you close the
> app. It waits for a certain amount of idle time and then drops the cached
> passphrase. Even if you send a lot of different emails as a series, it wi=
ll
> eventually ask to confirm the passphrase again.
>
> Otherwise someone could sign an email as you if you get up to go to the
> fridge etc.

There are certain aspects of kmail that I am beginning to dislike a lot.  I=
=20
have got to find a mailer that absolutely will never cache a passphrase=20
without having to go back to the dark ages (non-gui). :-(  The odd thing is=
=20
that I do not recall a case of having any email go our without entering a=20
passphrase before I installed the plugin.
=2D-=20
Robin Lynn Frank | Director of Operations | Paradigm-Omega, LLC

Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
Whom the gods would make mad, they first give computers.

--Boundary-02=_JreG/sb+0BwQTwn

--Boundary-02=_JreG/sb+0BwQTwn--