Long time PGP / GNUPG user.. new to this list.. need 1.2.2 setup help please.

Adam Pavelec apavelec@benefit-services.com
Wed Jul 23 15:54:02 2003

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003 11:58 PM [GMT-5=EST], dklivian
<dklivian@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I tried the w32 client for 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 and I can't get either to
> work... it keeps wanting to go to:
>
> "c:/gnupg/a:\rings\<keyfiles>" (or something very similar) where
> a:\rings is where I keep my keys.  I deleted all registry entries
> relating to GNUPG and still have this error.  I'm using an options
> file in the c:\gnupg\ directory to set the path to the keys.
>
> To enable gpg from any command prompt I start with the following line:
>
> path =%path%;c:\gnupg
>
> What am I doing wrong?

A few versions back, the options file was changed to 'gpg.conf'  You can
either 1) copy what you currently have in c:\gnupg\options to
c:\gnupg\gpg.conf [probably better] or 2) rename gpg.conf to something
else [probably worse].

>From 'gpg.man':

~/.gnupg/options
          Old  style  configuration  file;  only used when
          gpg.conf is not found