can`t verify signature

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Jul 24 21:43:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_ycDI/8AYWxXbLRM

On Thursday 24 July 2003 18:55, Ulrich Schneider wrote:
> > Easiest way to verify those messages: import them into a mailer who
> > supports this (mutt, kmail+cryptplugin, evolution, sylpheed,
> > mozilla+enigmail, ...)
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> Anyway, I don`t know what you mean with the statement above. I use
> sylpheed as mailclient, but it sais something like: "bad signature"
> The problem occurs, because gpg can`t verify the signature, so I think,
> that it has nothing to to with the mailclient.

Ok - but when sylpheed says that it's a bad signature, then I'd be inclined=
 to=20
think that the signature really is bad - and then you won't be able to veri=
fy=20
on the cmdline either (except if you happen to suspect what the problem was=
 -=20
an extra newline added/removed during transport is a possibility, another=20
problem was that some versions of evolution tended to change MIME boundarie=
s,=20
yet another problem  (kmail this time) was that lines beginning with From=20
would be escaped (or unescaped) to >From (don't remember in which direction=
=20
this went).  But unless you happen to know quite exactly what happened, you=
=20
probably won't succeed at all.

If possible ask the sender to re-send it (perhaps signed inline, or send it=
 as=20
an attached signed file); or ask other recipients (if any) if they could=20
verify the signature.=20

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
pub  1024D/92082481 2002-02-22 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>
     Key fingerprint =3D EFE3 96F4 18F5 8D65 8494  28FC 1438 5168 9208 2481

--Boundary-02=_ycDI/8AYWxXbLRM

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.5&md5sum=5dff868d11843276071b25eb7006da3e

--Boundary-02=_ycDI/8AYWxXbLRM--