can`t verify signature

John Aldrich john@chattanooga.net
Thu Jul 24 22:53:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_1dEI/ua3UNrlhnV

On Thursday 24 July 2003 03:44 pm, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wro=
te:

> Ok - but when sylpheed says that it's a bad signature, then I'd be inclin=
ed
> to think that the signature really is bad - and then you won't be able to
> verify on the cmdline either (except if you happen to suspect what the
> problem was - an extra newline added/removed during transport is a
> possibility, another problem was that some versions of evolution tended to
> change MIME boundaries, yet another problem  (kmail this time) was that
> lines beginning with From would be escaped (or unescaped) to >From (don't
> remember in which direction this went).  But unless you happen to know
> quite exactly what happened, you probably won't succeed at all.
>
> If possible ask the sender to re-send it (perhaps signed inline, or send =
it
> as an attached signed file); or ask other recipients (if any) if they cou=
ld
> verify the signature.

I'm having a similar problem with KMail (1.5). I get an error message in th=
e=20
body stating "message was signed with unknown key..." I've got=20
"sks.dnsalias.net" as my key server and apparently am no longer=20
auto-downloading keys.... :-(
Any ideas?