user ID

Bob Holtzman holtzm@sonic.net
Tue Jun 3 01:24:02 2003

Hi,

I'm having a problem with gnupg-1.0.7-7. The only way I can encrypt a
file is to use the "--default-recipient-self" qption. Without that the
program asks for my user ID. I've tried everything I can think of, full
name, full name and email address, numerical ID string, full name with
comment and email address, and all combinations thereof, all with no luck.

Can someone tell me what the program is looking for?

I'm also having problems with pgp4pine but that's another issue.

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
 ......check the price of the beer!"