gpg usage w/ pine

Bob Holtzman holtzm@sonic.net
Thu Jun 12 10:02:02 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, RJ Marquette wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Bob Holtzman wrote:
>
> > No luck. I even tried adding my email address to the encrypt and
> > sign+encrypt filers. was this a mistake? The filters are now:
> >
> > display-filters  = _LEADING("-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----")_ /usr/bin/gpg-check
> > sending-filters  = /usr/bin/gpg-sign
> >                    /usr/bin/gpg-encrypt _RECIPIENTS_ holtzm@sonic.net
> >                    /usr/bin/gpg-sign+encrypt _RECIPIENTS_ holtzm@sonic.net
>
> Have you tried _LEADING("-----BEGIN PGP ")_ /usr/bin/gpg-check?
>
> I know we talked about this before, but I really think "_BEGINNING" is
> what you want here--the difference is that _LEADING only matches the first
> non-whitespace line while _BEGINNING will catch any line in the message
> with that.

Tried it. No luck. Beside, doesn't that just affect the text at the
beginning of an encrypted/signed message?

> > There are still no filters offered.
>
> Wait...no filters offered?  Are you saying the "display" filter is working
> correctly?

If I'm correct (and I sure don't gaurantee that) in that the display
filters only affect the text displayed in the message, I never get that
far. The options to filter the message thru gpg (the sending filters) are
not displayed when I send the message. Only "send mail?".

> For the sending filter, I just did a little test:  I changed the name of
> the filter program to be misspelled.  When I did, the Send command didn't
> offer me the filter because the file it was pointing to didn't exist.
> Are you sure you're pointing to the correct gpg-sign location?

Yes, gpg-sign, gpg-encrypt, gpg-sign+encrypt, and gpg-check all reside in
my /usr/bin directory (RH7.3).

> Also, have you tried putting the gpg-sign in quotes?

Haven't tried that but I have never seen a file specified with quotes i.e.

            /usr/bin/"gpg-sign"

However, later I'll even try that.

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
"Your email is being read by hundreds of uptight agents