gpg usage w/ pine

Bob Holtzman holtzm@sonic.net
Tue Jun 3 07:58:01 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Matthias Odisio wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> >
> >  [X]  compose-send-offers-first-filter
> >
> > in pine and noting that the gpg install seems to have created:
> >
> > display-filters    = "_LEADING(-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----)_"
> > /usr/bin/gpg-check
> > /usr/bin/gpg-check
> > sending-filters     = /usr/bin/gpg-sign
> >                       /usr/bin/gpg-encrypt _RECIPIENTS_
> >                       /usr/bin/gpg-sign+encrypt _RECIPIENTS_
> >
> > no filters are offered when I try to send. No opportunity to encrypt,
> > sign, nothing.
> >

> According to my .pinerc (pine 4.44 rh 1.70.0), you could try with this
> placement for quotes :
>
> display-filters=_LEADING("-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----")_ /usr/bin/gpg-check
> etc.
> Check also that, for a next filter, a real tab is inserted after the CR.
>
> You might also consider magicpgp
> (http://www.physto.se/%7Ep99jlu/MagicPGP.html).

No luck. I even tried adding my email address to the encrypt and
sign+encrypt filers. was this a mistake? The filters are now:

display-filters  = _LEADING("-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----")_ /usr/bin/gpg-check
sending-filters  = /usr/bin/gpg-sign
                   /usr/bin/gpg-encrypt _RECIPIENTS_ holtzm@sonic.net
                   /usr/bin/gpg-sign+encrypt _RECIPIENTS_ holtzm@sonic.net

There are still no filters offered.

See my other post "user ID" for another slant on this problem. Gnupg
worked well before. something has changed

I'm missing something. Any other ideas

--
Bob Holtzman
"Nothing would please me more than being able to

 We are still waiting ....