Virtual Keysignings

Adam ENDRODI borso@vekoll.saturnus.vein.hu
Thu Jun 5 22:51:03 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 07:08:12PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

> Meeting in person and verifying identities using an official document
> is the de-facto standard for many years and I see no reason why this
> dhould be changed.

That's something I wanted to ask for a long time: is it
sufficient to meet someone personally to sign her key?

I mean the following.  An ID card provides a binding between you
and your name.  But what about the e-mail address, which is
included in my uid as well?  The ID card doesn't tell anything
about it.

How is this problem dealt with at key-signing parties?  Is it
conventional to also check the e-mail address?  If it is, how?

bit,
adam

--
1024D/37B8D989 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622  82DD 54C2 843D 37B8 D989
finger://borso@vekoll.vein.hu | Some days, my soul's confined