Phil Zimmermann interview

Charly Avital shavital@netbox.com
Sun Jun 8 17:52:02 2003

It's interesting to read the whole interview (as it shows in the URL).

On one side, PRZ has remained the same PRZ who developed PGP, posted
it for everyone to use, got in serious trouble with the US
authorities, etc. Those assets belong to him, forever.

On the other side, the real world doesn't live on principles only;
there are balance sheets, bank balances, in short - money. PRZ, like
anyone else, has to make a living.

I would have expected PRZ to show more understanding of the world of
Free Software, though. "Hobby-programming conducted on week-ends"
comes out as a cheap shot. It will pass.

Charly