How to extend the expiry date of a subkey?

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock@gmx.net
Mon Jun 16 16:18:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_gHd7+F5Z4Qam5pc

I've recently extended the expiration date of my public key for a year, but=
=20
just noticed I forgot to extend the subkey as well. For no particular reaso=
n=20
I wanted to extend the expiry date of the subkey instead of creating a new=
=20
one, so I tried gpg --edit-keys <subkeyid>, 'expire' and set it to one year=
=20
from now - but the expiration date stays the same and now nobody can encryp=
t=20
with my key...

Am I doing something wrong, isn't this supposed to work, or is it a bug?

=2D-- snip --- version information ---

gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.2
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

=2D-=20
Michael Nottebrock   \         KDE on FreeBSD      \              ,ww =20
                      \             ---             \     ,wWWCybaWW_)=20
                       \   http://freebsd.kde.org    \     `WSheepW'    free
                                                      \      II  II     node