Downloading public keys with GnuPG

René Clerc rene@clerc.nl
Wed Jun 18 18:20:02 2003

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

* Ben Branders <ben.branders@skynet.be> [18-06-2003 18:10]:

> I just switched from PGP to GnuPG.  I now use Mozilla with Enigmail.=20
> There is only one problem.  How do you download public keys from a=20
> keyserver with GnuPG/Enigmail ??

gpg --recv-keys <key-id>

> I tried several times and with different keyservers, but it just
> doesn't work...  .

Maybe you're doing something wrong:

It should be http://pki.surfnet.nl, so get rid of the space.

> And this happens with a LDAP server
> > enigmail> c:\tools\gnupg\gpg.exe --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 --keyse=
rver
> > ldap ://pgp.surfnet.nl --recv-keys 0x9B15A06C gpgkeys: internal LDAP

Same here, I guess...

If you add key servers to your options file, you can leave them out in
command-line operations...

Bye,

--=20
Ren=E9 Clerc                      - (rene@clerc.nl)

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and
    cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My
    foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source
    of comic relief.

-"Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord"

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB--