Downloading public keys with GnuPG

CL Gilbert Lamont_Gilbert@RigidSoftware.com
Wed Jun 18 23:19:02 2003

Ben Branders wrote:
| CL Gilbert wrote:
|
|> You can't.  Enigmail can automatically lookup and download keys fr=
om
|> signatures found in emails.  But without an email, enigmail can no=
t do
|> anything.  So you must use GnuPG for that.
|

| Okay, maybe I didn't make myself clear.  I have emails from people =
but I
| don't have their public key.
| With PGP I could just download the key from a keyserver.  This does=
n't
| work with GnuPG...
|
| I tried all the other solution (from Ren=E9 Clerc and David Shaw), =
but
| they didn't work at all... :-s
|
| If it is some help, I'm running Enigmail 0.74.3 on Mozilla 1.3.1 on
| Windows 98 SE.
|
| Any ideas ??

Interesting.  This works for me.  Can you send signed mails?  Sounds
like Enigmail is not working properly.  For me I get a x'ed out penci=
on signed messages that have sigs I do not know.  I push the pencil a=
nd
then it begins to connect to the server that I chose, and DL the key.
Are you sure those people have their key in the keyserver you have
chosen to quary?  Sometimes I have to use a diff server because a use=
might be only in a specific one.  Do you get the pencil icon?

- --
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
Free Java interface to Freechess.org
http://www.rigidsoftware.com/Chess/chess.html
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiaste=
s 9:16

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD  19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D