Self Decrypting Archives

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri Jun 20 06:42:02 2003

Not sure what industry Jeff is in.  In the health care industry in the US we
can simply point to the HIPPA regs and tell our vendors that need to run
something compatible with PGP and provide us with their public key.

Had one vendor that insisted on generating a new public key for us to use!
I've always wondered how they kept track of which pass phrase to use when
they had to decrypt.

Thankfully cooler heads prevail here and I could simply provide them with
the same Public key we provide everybody else.

But, to the point for Jeff.  I'd simply ask them for their public key and
state that you'll send them an encrypted file.

Since we encrypt on a Linux box, it would be impossible for us to send a SDA
to those vendors that use Windows (and I know of at least two -- wish them
luck everytime we ship a file as they forget about the LF versus CR LF
convention).

-----Original Message-----
From: John B [mailto:Yochanon@tds.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:50 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Self Decrypting Archives

We're Moving June 20th!
600 University St, Suite 1400
Seattle, WA 98101

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.