Self Decrypting Archives

Clayton Burton clayton.burton@furman.edu
Fri Jun 20 11:46:15 2003

You could pretty well emulate an SDA I think, but you'd have to do it for
each OS.

If you handed out some kind of archive that had GPG, the encrypted file,
and a batch file in it.
The idea being they uncompress the archive and run the batch file.

You'd have to make this one of those self-extracting archives to really
get the functionality of an SDA and I've never worked with self-extracting
ones really.
Seems like some of them could be told to auto-run the batch file.

Still, I'd hate to have to be the recipient of that kinda thing.
Like David said, this boils down to running arbitrary code and that's a
Bad thing.

--Clayton