Self Decrypting Archives

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri Jun 20 16:32:03 2003

Have to share this experience with you.  A national claims clearing house is
testing the new HIPAA X12-837 transaction with us.  Their first file was
fixed length at 80 bytes with trailing spaces after the last segment marker!

We followed the more traditional format of inserting a CR LF after the major
segment terminators (~).  Neither of us could process the other's files.
Not sure what they were using but we had Mercator trying to map their files.

Finally settled on no CR or LF anywhere in the file!

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Bruni [mailto:jbruni@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:23 PM
To: Steve Butler
Cc: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Self Decrypting Archives

<<snip>>

I feel your pain regarding the EOLN conversion. It seems like the
vendors who are using Windows are the least helpful. They always expect
us Unix people to do their EOLN conversion.

<<snip>>

We're Moving June 20th!
600 University St, Suite 1400
Seattle, WA 98101

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.