HP/UX 11.11

Joseph Bruni jbruni@mac.com
Fri Jun 20 19:24:02 2003

1.2.3rc1 appears to be building correctly out of the box on 11.11 using the HP ANSI C compiler. I haven't tried it yet with GCC. The problems in random.c with the gettimeofday() are gone.

Also, for those using 11.11, HP has a kernel patch you can apply that will give you /dev/random. It's a free download from the software.hp.com web site. Search for the package name "KRNG11i". It will require a reboot.

I haven't been able to test this particular patch yet because we can't reboot our Superdomes until October.

:)

Joe

--
PGP Fingerprint:
886F 6A8A 68A1 5E90 EF3F  8EFA E2B8 3F99 7343 C1E3