Upgrade from 1.0.7-6 to 1.2.2 in RedHat 8.0

Robin Lynn Frank rlfrank@paradigm-omega.com
Fri Jun 20 22:35:02 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 08:00 am, Ty Cabugao wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to upgrade my GnuPG from 1.0.7-6 to 1.2.2. I am running Red=
Hat
> 8.0. I follow the instructions completely (./configure, make, make
> install), and everything seems to go through smoothly. But once I check=
 out
> the version of my gpg, it is still 1.0.7-6. Am I doing anything wrong?
>
> I attempted to rpm -e the old version, but RH tells me that it is neede=
d by
> up2date. I attempted to uninstall up2date, and RH tells me that it is
> needed by up2date-genome, firstboot, and that /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CE=
RT
> is needed by (installed) rhn-applet. So I erased all those packages,
> including the 1.0.7-6 version.
>
> I attempted to install 1.2.2, and it went through the whole installatio=
> just fine. At least, it looked like it did. Because when I checked to s=
ee
> what version of gpg I have, it is now showing that I do not have any
> installed!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Ty

The old executable is probably in /usr/bin while the new one is  likely i=
n=20
/usr/loca/bin.  Remove or rename the old one and mover or symlink the new=
 and=20
you should be fine.
--=20
Robin Lynn Frank