Upgrade from 1.0.7-6 to 1.2.2 in RedHat 8.0

CL Gilbert Lamont_Gilbert@RigidSoftware.com
Fri Jun 20 20:21:02 2003

Ty Cabugao wrote:
| Hi!
|
| I am trying to upgrade my GnuPG from 1.0.7-6 to 1.2.2. I am running
RedHat 8.0. I follow the instructions completely (./configure, make,
make install), and everything seems to go through smoothly. But once I
check out the version of my gpg, it is still 1.0.7-6. Am I doing
anything wrong?

| I attempted to rpm -e the old version, but RH tells me that it is
needed by up2date. I attempted to uninstall up2date, and RH tells me
that it is needed by up2date-genome, firstboot, and that
/usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT is needed by (installed) rhn-applet. So I
erased all those packages, including the 1.0.7-6 version.

| I attempted to install 1.2.2, and it went through the whole
installation just fine. At least, it looked like it did. Because when I
checked to see what version of gpg I have, it is now showing that I do
not have any installed!

| Any suggestions?
|
| Thanks,
| Ty

Why  not get the rpm from the mirror

ftp://crypto.ferrara.linux.it/pub/gpg/

and install that?  That is what I did to get 1.2.2 in RH8.  Then  you
can do a

rpm -Uvh gnupg

And not worry a second further!

- --
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
Free Java interface to Freechess.org
http://www.rigidsoftware.com/Chess/chess.html

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD  19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D