Commercial support?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Jun 21 01:53:02 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:29:12 -0600, Joseph Bruni said:

> Someday, IS managers will wake up to the fact that they will save
> money by hiring good IS staff who can support their own systems
> rather than spending money on external support.

This is in general a Good Thing.  However, for critical systems
external support might be better; this is similar to large mechanical
systems where you usually don't have your own engine fitter but call
technical service from the vendor or a specialized company.
Furthermore, support is something we - the Free Sotware authors - use
to refinance ourself.  Writing and maintaining Free Software is an
expensive job and can only be done with revenues from other sources.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com