Problem with imported key (from PGP8)

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Mon Jun 23 15:20:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_W7v9+7LbIMkHEAW

On Monday 23 June 2003 13:34, Thorsten Ewald wrote:
> I've imported my public and private key that i created with PGPi8.0.2.
> I succesfully imported it, but when i try to sign and/or decrypt
> something with it - i always get the message that the passphrase
> is invalid, and yes - i'm absolutely sure that the passphrase is ok.
> Could this be due to some very special characters (not directly
> accessible via the keyboard) that i used in it?
> And if so - what could i do to correct that problem?

How do you enter the passwords? just normally, from the commandline?

if so, can you type the password on the commandline without problems=20
(including the special characters)? Another thing to try: write the passwd=
=20
into a file and use the --pass-fd commandline option to have gpg read the=20
password from that file.

Personally, although it makes my passphrase longer to get the same entropy,=
 I=20
have long given up on using non-keyboard-available or non-ascii characters =
in=20
passwords, as I frequently work on machines which I haven't set up myself, =
so=20
I use a mix of of american, swiss, american/sun keyboards.

=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
featured product: Debian GNU/Linux - http://debian.org

--Boundary-02=_W7v9+7LbIMkHEAW