Problem with imported key (from PGP8)

Thorsten Ewald Thorsten.Ewald@epost.de
Mon Jun 23 15:39:03 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:21:21 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von=

Bidder wrote:
>On Monday 23 June 2003 13:34, Thorsten Ewald wrote:
>>I've imported my public and private key that i created with
>>PGPi8.0.2.
>>I succesfully imported it, but when i try to sign and/or=
 decrypt
>>something with it - i always get the message that the=
 passphrase
>>is invalid, and yes - i'm absolutely sure that the passphrase=
 is ok.
>>Could this be due to some very special characters (not=
 directly
>>accessible via the keyboard) that i used in it?
>>And if so - what could i do to correct that problem?
>
>How do you enter the passwords? just normally, from the=
 commandline?

>if so, can you type the password on the commandline without=
 problems
>(including the special characters)? Another thing to try: write=
 the
>passwd
>into a file and use the --pass-fd commandline option to have=
 gpg
>read the
>password from that file.
>
>Personally, although it makes my passphrase longer to get the=
 same
>entropy, I
>have long given up on using non-keyboard-available or non-ascii
>characters in
>passwords, as I frequently work on machines which I haven't set=
 up
>myself, so
>I use a mix of of american, swiss, american/sun keyboards.
>
>-- vbi

I enter it via commandline, and entering it directly on the
commandline, it comes out properly (but it doesn't work
either with WinPT as front-end).
So, basically i have to change my passphrase with PGP8
export it and import it to GnuPG again?
-Thorsten