OT

Martin Sckopke ecco@segelweb.de
Mon Mar 31 20:22:01 2003

Johan Wevers wrote:

>Colin Brown wrote:
>

>>Personally I would only start worrying when it reads
>>Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 Bush-Approved-Implementation (GNU/Linux/World) ...
>>

>Yes, we have seen enough of US government influence on cryptography in
>the past. I wonder when they start attacking crypto programs again
>openly because terrorists could use it.

Actually, you might want to have a look at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/3529
It's an article about new laws drafted in Massachusettes and Texas which
would forbid
the use of NAT or anything that conceals your identity :-(
<sarcasm>But then again, there might be some things we have to give up
for freedom -
freedom for example</sarcasm>

Cheers, Martin