Automated Encryption

Charles Kronschnable charles.kronschnable@mnhospitals.org
Fri May 9 16:47:24 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31639.EB629800

My task is to send encrypted emails via an asp page.  I have two options I
believe.  The first is to have my asp page execute a dos shell and use
commands to encrypt a file on the server and then attach that file to the
email using cdonts, but I can't find a resource for dos commands anywhere, I
realize that gnupg is opensource and there are all kinds of unix/linux
references but nothing for a win os.

Or

I can create a email box on our server and have cdonts email to that box,
the box would intern automatically encrypt the data and ship it off to the
recipient, problem is when I turn on encrypt new messages by default, and
try sending an email it asks which key i want to use, is there a way around
that?  Im using Gnu Privacy Assistant for Ms Outlook 2k.

If anyone can help on either of these two options that would be very
helpful!!

charles kronschnable
programmer/analyst
minnesota hospital association
minnesota health & housing alliance
charles.kronschnable@mnhospitals.org

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31639.EB629800

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Automated Encryption</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">My task is to send encrypted emails =
via an asp page.&nbsp; I have two options I believe.&nbsp; The first is =
to have my asp page execute a dos shell and use commands to encrypt a =
file on the server and then attach that file to the email using cdonts, =
but I can't find a resource for dos commands anywhere, I realize that =
gnupg is opensource and there are all kinds of unix/linux references =
but nothing for a win os.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Or</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I can create a email box on our server =
and have cdonts email to that box, the box would intern automatically =
encrypt the data and ship it off to the recipient, problem is when I =
turn on encrypt new messages by default, and try sending an email it =
asks which key i want to use, is there a way around that?&nbsp; Im =
using Gnu Privacy Assistant for Ms Outlook 2k.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If anyone can help on either of these =
two options that would be very helpful!!</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">charles =
kronschnable</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">programmer/analyst</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">minnesota hospital =
association</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">minnesota health =
&amp; housing alliance</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">charles.kronschnable@mnhospitals.org</FONT>
</P>