Problem: OpenPGP Module not listed

Wolfgang Bornath wbo@mandrakesoft.com
Wed May 14 04:02:01 2003

** Ingo Kl=F6cker (Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2003 00:14)

> KMail has built-in support for clearsigned messages. But support for
> PGP/MIME messages (where the signature is in a separate attachment)
> is only available through a plugin (plugin has been translated as
> "Modul" in the German translation). Read the howto at kmail.kde.org
> if you want to know how to install the appropriate plugin.

Went there, done that, no t-shirt. Did not work.
In detail:
I downloaded all the files, did the 3-step waltz on them and the test

$ echo "test" | gpg -ase -r 0xDEADBEEF | gpg

worked all right (of course with my key-id).
All '.configure/make/make check/make install' returned no error so I=20
assumed the installation went allright.

Now I wanted to fill in the plugin into KMail but there is no plugin!
According to the website there should be a directory=20
/usr/local/lib/cryptplug with the file gpgme-openpgp.so but there=20
isn't. slocate (after updatedb) returns nothing with this name.

I looked at the config.log in /misc/cryptplug-0.3.15 and found:

=2E..
configure:7762: checking for gpgme-config
configure:7793: result: no
configure:7959: creating ./config.status
=2E..
=2E..
config.status:988: executing depfiles commands
configure:9156:
        CryptPlug v0.3.15 has been configured as follows:

        CryptPlug GPGME: no
=2E..

This may be the problem. But how do I solve it? I'm not knowledgeable=20
enough to solve this although I can do the normal installation of a=20
=2Etar.gz package.

wobo
=2D-=20
Public GnuPG key available at keyserver www.mandrakesecure.net