Endianness issues with GPG

JC lovecraftesque@yahoo.com
Thu May 15 00:07:21 2003

   In my naivete, I assumed that a file encrypted with
GPG, using whatever symmetric algorithm kicks in by
default, on a little endian machine could not be
appropriately decrypted on a big endian machine,
unless it is generated with an ASCII armor.

   Having checked out that the binary files produced
by GPG-encrypting a file without ASCII armor in a
little endian platform can be decrypted in a big
endian one, without any other provisos (i.e. my
assumption was wrong) I wonder if anyone could provide
a rigorous justification for this? Please, forgive me
and my ignorance if this is a trivial issue.