Problem with encoding of po files

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat May 17 19:31:02 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003 00:50:26 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:

> there's a problem with the encoding which is used for the po
> (translation) files. For example the German translations are encoded in
> latin1. But some of those strings are passed to the pinentry programs

Did you tested this with 1.2.2?  I added code to make sure the
translations are passed as utf-8 to the agent:

  /* The Assuan agent protol requires us to trasnmit utf-8 strings */
  orig_codeset = bind_textdomain_codeset (PACKAGE, NULL);
#ifdef HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
  if (!orig_codeset)
    orig_codeset = nl_langinfo (CODESET);
#endif
  if (orig_codeset)
    { /* We only switch when we are able to restore the codeset later. */
      orig_codeset = m_strdup (orig_codeset);
      if (!bind_textdomain_codeset (PACKAGE, "utf-8"))
        orig_codeset = NULL;
    }

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of