S/MIME with GnuPG

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sun May 18 23:57:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_vc/x+3swpIVZu1L

On Sunday 18 May 2003 18:37, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hi,
> when installing the Aegypten project software to get PGP/MIME support
> it's recommended to compile gpgme with
> "cd gpgme  && ./configure --without-gpgsm ..." (according to
> http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html ), but doesn't
> without-gpgsm mean, that S/MIME support is skipped ?

Yes. The PGP/MIME with KMail howto includes this option because for=20
using the S/MIME plugin you have to install a few more libraries than=20
the few that are mentioned in the howto. The howto is only there for=20
people who want to use PGP/MIME but who don't need S/MIME.

> According to http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten S/MIME is already working,
> so I'd like to have KMail to support it besides PGP/MIME. So if gpgme
> is compiled again without the "--without-gpgsm" flag does this mean
> that S/MIME support will be available ?

If you installed all the other libraries which are required for S/MIME=20
then compiling gpgme without this flag should enable S/MIME support.=20
Read http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html if you want to=20
install the PGP/MIME and the S/MIME plugin for KMail.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_vc/x+3swpIVZu1L

--Boundary-02=_vc/x+3swpIVZu1L--