Keys not trusted

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Mon May 19 08:56:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_ZBIy+gPA8aC8Glu

On Friday 16 May 2003 21:56, John A. Martin wrote:

[trading vulnerabilities against security]

> We lock flimsy doors with weak locks so that it becomes _breaking and
> entering_ when someone enters by forcing a door.

Yes, but on a house, I can *see* that it is easy to smash the windows. Peop=
le=20
know and fully understand that a locked door can be kicked in.=20

Computers are still mysterious to many people (and probably always will be)=
,=20
they don't understand what's happening, and thus they can't understand what=
=20
can go wrong. They have to trust the experts. There is no easy way to look =
at=20
a computer and tell how easy it is to break in.

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
Available for key signing in Z=C3=BCrich and Basel, Switzerland
                     (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)

--Boundary-02=_ZBIy+gPA8aC8Glu

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.4&md5sum=81630baabe9a0670bb19c1fa8527a7ab

--Boundary-02=_ZBIy+gPA8aC8Glu--