Encouraging email security.

darren chamberlain dlc@users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 21 14:27:56 2003

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

* Ingo Kl=F6cker <ingo.kloecker at epost.de> [2003-05-19 08:50]:
> <shameless plug>Anyway, who needs Mozilla Mail on Linux/Unix if he can=20
> use KMail.</shameless plug>

=2E..And here, I think, is the crux of the problem -- different mail
clients have varying levels of support for interfacing with an
encryption program.  In order to make this easy to use, ubiquitous
encryption system work, this discussion has mostly postulated a specific
email client with fully integrated, native support for GPG.  But, as I'm
sure we all realize, getting everyone to use the same mail client will
be just as difficult as getting everyone to use encryption, with a lot
of the same difficulties (e.g., people who just don't understand the
need, even when it's been explained to them).

<sarcasm>Anyway, who needs KMail/Mozilla mail/etc when mutt works
just as well (better, I'd argue ;), and is smaller, faster, and more
portable, too?</sarcasm>

(darren)

--=20
If I worked as much as others I would do as little as they.

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--