GPGme supported platforms

Tony_Mione@peoplesoft.com Tony_Mione@peoplesoft.com
Fri May 23 16:21:03 2003

|         |           "Werner Koch"    |
|         |           <wk@gnupg.org>   |
|         |           gnupg-users-admin|
|         |           @gnupg.org       |
|         |           05/23/2003 12:21 |
  |       To:       Tony_Mione@peoplesoft.com                                                                                    |
  |       cc:       gnupg-users@gnupg.org                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  Re: GPGme supported platforms                                                                                |

On Thu, 22 May 2003 15:53:49 -0700, Tony Mione said:

> Is there any definitive list of platforms for which GPGme is supported?
> Looking at the 'configure' file, the host_os case statements list about
> everything
> except Apple DOS 3.3 and OS390 (Gaaccck!)

I guess you mean config.sub: That is a generic file, used with all GNU
program.  The file gets updated from time to time.

> In general, does the process spawning and IPC support work well on most
> of the unix and windows platforms?

It should work on all POISX systems and most other Unix systems.
Windows is a bit different and we have an extra internal gpgme
interface for that (w32-io.c).  It used to work, but the current
version might not yet work.

It is pretty important for us that we know if windows platform support
works. Has anyone else used GPGme on windows (without cygwin, etc.) and
can they confirm that it works reasonably well. Thanks.

Antonino N. Mione           PeopleTools Security and Infrastructure
PeopleSoft, Inc., 4411 PeopleSoft Pkwy., Pleasanton, Ca. 94588
Antonino_Mione@peoplesoft.com                    +1-(925)-694-6118
got Crypto?