Forgot my passphrase.

Joseph Bruni jbruni@mac.com
Mon May 26 06:32:08 2003

It would keep a copy of the secret key with the old passphrase, but you
can store the file anywhere you want. Removable media makes sense for
this as well. It all really depends on how secure your system is, or
how secure the removable medium is.

The RCS commands of interest are "ci" and "co". See the man pages for
details. Notably, "rcsintro(1)" is probably a good place to start. You
can also use the "rcs" command along with "ci" and "co" for some
additional features, (such as location of repository).

If the removable medium is secure, then maybe it would make sense to
put an unencrypted secret key on it? That's up to you to decide, but at
least then you'd never have to worry about losing your passphrase.