WinPT Current Window Problem

Servie Platon servie_platon@yahoo.com
Wed May 28 04:56:04 2003

--0-605876654-1054090637=:70851

Hi everyone,

I have installed winpt-install-1.0rc2 on 2 client machines both running windows, XP and 2000 Professional.

Actually, I have encountered problems on WinPT's Current Window option.

If I go to WinPT - Current Window - Sign & Encrypt or just Sign only. I get an error message - WinPT Error: Make sure that the window contains text. Could not extract data from the current window.

The window is currently active and I have no other windows open. I even go up to the extent of highlighting this whole message body and still get the same error message.

However, if I copy these to the clipboard editor, I could encrypt and sign with no problem.

Did I leave some stones unturned here or do I need some additional configuration options or preferences tweaks on WinPT and GPG? Or is this normal?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Servie

--0-605876654-1054090637=:70851

<DIV>Hi everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have installed winpt-install-1.0rc2 on 2 client machines both running windows, XP and 2000 Professional.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Actually, I&nbsp;have encountered problems on WinPT's Current Window option.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If I go to WinPT - Current Window - Sign &amp; Encrypt or just Sign only. I get an error message - WinPT Error: Make sure that the window contains text. Could not extract data from the current window.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The window is currently active and I have no other windows open. I even go up to the extent of highlighting this whole message body and still get the same error message.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However, if I copy these to the clipboard editor, I could encrypt and sign with no problem. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Did I leave some stones unturned here or do I need some additional configuration options or preferences tweaks on WinPT and GPG? Or is this normal?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yours sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>Servie</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>