GPGME available as DLL?

Jonathan Boles jaboles at ihug.com.au
Wed Nov 5 18:29:52 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm writing a program in RapidQ that uses GPG functionality to sign and
verify stuff being transmitted to and received from a server. I tried
using GPG itself but this was impossible, because I couldn't find a way
of automatically giving it the key passphrase in the command line other
than using --passphrase-fd. Using passphrase-fd 0 works fine in a
console window but it won't work with ShellExecute because it doesn't
take pipe/io-redirection symbols. I tried "echo secret| gpg
--passphrase-fd 0", "type passphrase.txt | gpg --passphrase-fd 0" and
"gpg --passphrase-fd 0 < passphrase.txt" and none of them work when
executed using the API. The app I'm writing encrypts and decrypts
multiple times, so popping the console and getting the user to type in
the passphrase each time is unacceptable. GPGME looked like it might be
the way to go, but I could only find source.

What I'd like to know, is GPGME available as a DLL? The source code is
pretty useless to me since I don't know C (at all) and I wouldn't know
the first thing to try and compile it into a DLL.

If not, what other options do I have?