GPA 0.7.0 for Windows

Miguel Coca mcoca at gnu.org
Fri Nov 14 23:02:11 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 17:58:08 +0000, Barry Porter wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have been trying, very unsuccessfully for the last few days to
> configure Cygwin on a Windows XP machine so that I can build GPA 0.7.0.

Good idea. I haven't tried to compile GPA under cygwin.

> I keep getting error messages when I am trying to install glib, gtk+
> etc. which seem to be dependency errors. I have tried Googleing for the
> errors and seem to be getting bogged down in stuff that I am not
> convinced applies to Cygwin, as the suggestions give more errors.

Which GTK+ version are you trying to install? A unix one will probably
fail without the X libs. Maybe the one from http://www.dropline.net/gtk/
(for mingw) will compile under cygwin.

> Has anybody here built GPA 0.7.0 for Windows before, and if so, would
> you have any instructions or a list of dependencies that I could follow?

So far no GPA after 0.5 has been compiled for Windows that I know of.
The most critical element is GPGME, which just doesn't compile on
Windows. Maybe it will on cygwin, although a quick attempt to do it
failed with lots of undefined references (to gpgme's own functions!).
Maybe someone with more cygwin experience will get around that.

If you can get GTK and GPGME running on the same environment, GPA
should compile and run fine. Just let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org)             http://miguel.cocabarrionuevo.com/