GPA 0.7.0 for Windows

Miguel Coca mcoca at gnu.org
Fri Nov 14 23:06:13 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:09:56 +0000, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> It doesn't build on the newest Linux Mandrake 9.2 either, because of
> dependency problems.

The complete dependencies for GPA 0.7.0, as far as I'm aware, are:

GTK+ 2.2.0
Gpgme 0.4.3, which in turn depends on:
libgpg-error 0.5
gnupg 1.2.2 (1.2.3 is highly recommended due to speed reasons).

Actually, the dependency on GTK+ 2.2 instead of 2.0 is accidental, and
due to my inadvertedly using two functions new to it (These are part
of the tree interface: gtk_tree_selection_count_selected_rows and
gtk_tree_selection_get_selected_rows). Patches to get rid of those
calls would be welcome.

The others are available from gnupg.org. During the last year, GPA and
GPGME development have gone very closely, with quite a few bugs in
GPGME unearthed by testing in GPA. So as a rule, you can expect that
each release of GPA will depend on the latest GPGME, at least until
one of them reaches 1.0.

> May be the developers should revisit it and port it back to some
> older packages? or provide binaries?

I'm pretty sure GPA 0.7.0 compiles on all the latest GNU/Linux
distributions (if you compile the GnuPG related packages along with
it). If I find the time to remove the GTK+ 2.2 requirement, it should
work on any reasonably decent one.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org)             http://miguel.cocabarrionuevo.com/