Using GPG key from website

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Thu Nov 20 07:40:22 CET 2003

Chad,

The easiest is to cut/paste the keyblock into Notepad and save it as a file.
Then use the --import command of gpg.

Especially so if it is ASCII armor and has the BEGIN/END Key Block monikers.

Now, I've had good luck on Windows using WinPT.  On the Key Manager window
simply click on Edit then Paste (after cutting the key from another source).
WinPT will walk you through two other windows and then the key is in the
keyring.  In fact, I wouldn't use GnuPG on Windows without WinPT.  But,
that's my bias.

--Steve