invalid armor header and PGP 8

Chris Masterton chris at informationaddiction.com
Thu Nov 20 13:49:45 CET 2003

Hi All,

This maybe a newbie question but I've searched the faq and mailing
list and I can't find an answer...

When trying to decrypt a PGP 8 message I get the follow error from GPG
1.23.1:

gpg: invalid armor header: www.pgp.com

The header looks like this:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: PGP 8.0.3 - not licensed for commercial use:
www.pgp.com

qANQR1DBwU4DUYRl7toEA80QB/4pv0dj88a9ciPq4NjfkFqAheran/9jXX+iTXPm

When I manually remove the www.pgp.com the message decrypts fine.

My question is, is there an easy way to automate removal of that line?
Or fix this problem? Many of my encrypted e-mail comes from PGP 8
sources.

Thanks for you help in advance!

Chris.

- --