Migrating keys

Jens Kubieziel gnupg at kubieziel.de
Tue Nov 25 17:36:28 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:48:43PM -0800, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
> 1) the second signature on your new key (the self-sig is the first)
> should be from your old key.

It is.

> you can also revoke your old key with a note that it's been superseded
> by your new key; specify the new key ID, type, fingerprint, etc.

I don't want to revoke my old key right now. Instead I want to use more
and more the new one. If then the old key isn't used for some time (maybe
half a year or more), then it will be revoked.

> 2) depending on why your creating a new key, it might be an option to
> expire the sub-key and add a new one... that way you keep your signatures.

My old key had an expriration date. I changed this some time ago, but
some keyservers couldn't handle that. So I get sometimes complaints that
my key is expired even though it isn't. I created a new key to stop those
bothering messages.

However I understand your other arguments and will better till next
signing parties ...
--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Time and tide wait for no man.