Can anyone tell me why it is happening (fwd)

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Mon Oct 13 10:17:33 CEST 2003

> Can anyone point me in the right direction.... I've worked on a project for
> the last 6-7 months.... it landed on me because the person who originally
> worked on it was laid off... he was kind enough to give me the password for
> the key ring. I have been able to decrypt files for the last 6 months with
> no error messages, however I have now noticed in the last 3 weeks or so that
> gpg is kicking back an error message to me, "gpg: can't check signature:
> public key not found". Can anyone tell me why it is happening for the last
> month?  do I need to get another public DSA key?
=============================

personally, i have little compassion for employers who lay people off, so
i'm not gonna lose any sleep if they can't decrypt their mail while a
former employee scrambles to keep food on the table, and a roof over their
head.

i'm sure you'll figure it out.... just start reading the handbooks and
FAQs, on company time.

        ...atom

PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"Our job is to give people not what they want,
	 but what we decide they ought to have."
		-- Richard Salant - Former President of CBS News