large file decryption error (zlib)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 15 15:09:12 CEST 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:24:04 +0200, Petr Koloros said:

> Hi all,
> I've encrypted quite a large file (15 gigs) with gpg 1.2.1 and decryption
> causes this error:

> I've listed raw data size with -vv parameter and the size is wrong. It says
> 2651277312 bytes but it is too far to 15 gigs. And the error occurs right
> when gpg decrypt this amout of bytes.

There used to be a bug in gpg 1.2.1, I fixed 4 days after the
release.  I assume you ran

  gpg -e largefile

which put an invalid file size into the message (OpenPGP can only
encode 32 bit of length).  If you would have used

  gpg -e <largefile

everything would have been fine ;-)

> I've tryied to hack the gpg to continue after this limit, but
> unsuccessfuly. Can anyone help me to decrypt this file or should I say good
> bye to my data?

I'd need to donate quite some time to find a way to fix your data.
Unfortunately I don't have this spare time.  If the data is highlt
valuable you might contact me at my company address.

Sorry,

   Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>