How to verify a signed&encrypted file in script

Yang Xiaopeng yxp at hanwang.com.cn
Fri Oct 17 11:47:37 CEST 2003

hi,

I create a signed&encrypted file use the following command:

    gpg -o file.gpg -r recipient -s -e file

the recipient must first verify that the file is signed by me and then
decrypt it,
all of this is done by a bash script, but I find the command

    gpg --verify file.gpg

doesn't work with the error "unexpected data", and the command

    gpg -o file -d file.gpg

can decrypt and verify the file, but the script doesn't know whether the
file
have a valid signature by checking the return value.

Is there any easy way to verify the file?

thanks