Outlook express messes up when it receives gpg-signed mail?

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Thu Sep 4 17:06:01 2003

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 15:07:03 +0200, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> But Outlook, for some unknown reason, ignores the following MIME headers
> in the message:

Outlook seems to do this right, at least last time I tried. It's
Outlook Express that is the problem.

> These headers clearly state that the part is not an attachment but
> should be shown inline, and that it contains pure text that doesn't need
> a special handler to be displayed.
>=20
> But Outlook still chooses to show the message part as an attachment. I'd
> say this is clearly a bug (and not just a missing feature).

Even worse, recent versions of Outlook Express (in the default
configuration) won't even let the user open the attached text. The
option to open the attachment is grayed out. To open it you must
disable an option about "disallow opening files that might contain a
virus". Apparently, text/plain is a "dangerous file type" now :-)

Greetings,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q