--refresh-keys stops working while processing

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Thu Apr 8 05:26:18 CEST 2004

Might it be related to the status of the keyserver from which gpg is refreshing the keys?

I just ran the same line, the process completed without any problems, at the end I got the following sum up:
----------
gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, classic trust model
gpg: depth: 0  valid:  22  signed:  44  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 22u
gpg: depth: 1  valid:  44  signed:  20  trust: 2-, 1q, 0n, 8m, 33f, 0u
gpg: depth: 2  valid:  15  signed:   9  trust: 1-, 0q, 0n, 4m, 10f, 0u
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2004-05-22
gpg: Total number processed: 244
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 95
gpg:           new user IDs: 78
gpg:            new subkeys: 40
gpg:         new signatures: 4384

There a few incidences a key not found in the particular keyserver I was using (keyserver.kjsl.com), e.g.:
gpgkeys: key [...finger print, or long ID...] not found on keyserver.

Running GnuPG 1.3.5, under Macintosh OS 10.3.3
Charly