pgp/mime vs in-line pgp

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Tue Apr 13 14:26:21 CEST 2004

Hi Adrian!

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder schrieb am 2004-04-13 09:54:45:
> > * i've only heard of one MUA that chokes on in-line pgp, but plenty
> > of MUAs can't handle pgp/mime.
> Plenty? I know only one MUA that chokes on PGP/MIME. Other's don't
> support PGP, but most still properly display the email.

If a MUA's MIME implementation is broken and can't display PGP/MIME,
it can be seen as a reason to use PGP/MIME as well ;)

> Then there's the obvious advantage of PGP/MIME when you need to send
> attachments.

An advantage I like as well is that PGP/MIME signed messages look better
in MUAs that do not support PGP at all (but support MIME).

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://matthias.wimmer.name/