pine vs mutt - was: Re: pgp/mime vs in-line pgp

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Wed Apr 14 20:31:10 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> * Atom 'Smasher' <atom-gpg at suspicious.org> [040414 18:04]:
> > i'd like to switch to a free (as in speech) MUA for ideological reasons.
> > and of course, everyone knows that mutt is ~better~.
>
> *Grin*  Mutt is better - before you even look at the freedom issue,
> but that is a side issue.
> > usenet, but i'm told the problem (with colors) is in ncurses/slang, not
> > mutt. either way, mutt can't do what i need, and in the meantime pine can,
> > and for me the color support is necessary.
> >
> > i keep checking back with mutt every few years, and when they get the
> > color support as good as pine has, i'm confident that i can either
> > configure everything else the way i need it or write my own hooks.
>
> Do you want to take this off-list for a while to see if I can make any
> suggestions to help your transition?
=========================

i know there are plenty of people here who use/advocate mutt, and probably
some hard-core power users... why not see if anyone can help me migrate to
a ~better~ MUA than pine... here's what i'm running into...

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=103omg7t0uqgm78%40corp.supernews.com

since this is veering off topic, feel free to send replies off list.

thanks...!

        ...atom

 PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"This society began with stolen labor on stolen land,
	 which makes all such claims to a tradition of freedom,
	 null and void. It must also be said, that democracy
	 and slavery cannot exist side by side. Nor can
	 democracy and capitalism for that matter. No class
	 society, based on exploitation of the many to enrich a
	 greedy few, can properly claim to be a democracy."
		-- Ron Wilkins, KPFK (Pacifica), Los Angeles